Monday, March 23, 2009

Your Digital Library Tip #1A: Using a Tag Program that Works

Correction to the previous post:  the XP and Vista tagging functions are horrible.  In an effort to correct this madness I went on a quest tonight and tried out two tagging programs.  The first product, TaggedFrog, looks incredibly promising and is very simple to use.  I found it a bit too simple at its present stage for a massive digital law library.  Simple or not, it's free and its functionality is light years ahead of its Windows counterpart.  Even if you elect not to use, I would keep an eye out.  TaggedFrog is at a very early stage of development and it may very well boom in functionality before the end of the year.

The second product might just be the gold mine of the year.  TaggTool compliments Xplorer2 Professional (see my previous post on free software) extremely well.  For $30, TaggTool may end up being the best piece of commercial software I've bought in a long time.  I'll play with it and add a follow-up post on how to best structure the tags.  

No comments:

Post a Comment